Friday, August 14, 2009

YUMMY

I have to tell you, I am completely OBSESSED with felt food. Have you seen it?

I've been catching glimpses here and there for a little while. But the other day I was checking out a friends blog: TEA ROSE HOME, and could hardly contain myself. Did you see the sushi? OMG! I don't even eat sushi but she's got me totally wanting to make some!


I checked with my local shop and they don't carry ANY patterns. SO... I've taken it upon myself to get a few patterns, make up some yummy treats, and take them to the shop to try and convince them that they HAVE to carry them in their shop!

A quick ETSY search led me to:

These delicious fruits by UMECRAFTS



These scrumtious treats by JULYHOBBY

and these mouth watering cinnamon rolls by BUGGABUGS

Now can you see why I can't think of anything else!?

Have any of you ever made felt food? Post a picture on your blog and leave me a comment- I'd love to see your tasty treats!

10 comments:

cottonreel said...

Go to it girl , make more ,more ,more---cottonreel

Sachiko said...

Thank you so much for linking to my blog! I am thinking about creating felt food patterns. Those felt foods you found on etsy are AMAZING!!! I especially love the cinnamon rolls and oranges. Super cute!

Emily Herrick said...

Sachiko- PLEASE make felt food patterns. I just bought a TON of wool and when I brought it home I got too overhwhelmed to do anything with it. I can even test patterns if you want? ;o)

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

adorable! i haven't made any but they are super cute!

Barb said...

My google reader didn't bring this up...I am sorry I missed this post...those are awesome....you did a fantastic job.

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

Those are so cute that I get overwhelmed just looking at them. Are you going to have more time on your hands when the kids go back to school?

Karen said...

...get busy! Those r adorable....can't wait to see what u come up with!

Threeundertwo said...

These are insanely cute. I have to try to make some.

So fun to find your blog!

Mutti said...

Patterns for many of these foods can be found at YouCanMakeThis.com and they are pretty easy to make!

Pamela said...

I love felt and food + felt = happiness!! Thanks for all these cute picks and links.