Monday, March 14, 2011

Marky Mark

No, not him. It's what I was doing this weekend. See?...

I decided to get a little "funky" with part of a quilt I'm working on. LOTS of marking. LOTS of patience. LOTS of not-so-straight lines in my quilting. Oh well, practice makes perfect.


I was almost done with the "allover" design when I ran out of thread. GRrr. I guess I wound one too many bobbins. Well at least I have some thread there to use. I finished quilting with 2 bobbins on my machine!

Here's those finished lines on the border. Sorry, I can't show you the whole quilt just yet. But don't worry, it won't be too long.

In other news: remember this post? I got my blocks back from the group. TONS of blocks. Probably enough for 2 or maybe even 3 quilts (if the third is a baby quilt!). Can't wait to show you!

2 comments:

Kira said...

You are getting bolder with your quilting. I love the accents it creates. The quilting is more impressive than the piecing on some quilts. Maybe that's why solids are so hot. It brings out the stitching.

Tiffany said...

It's good to know that I am not the only one who has ended up sewing with two bobbins on my machine!