Wednesday, May 8, 2013

ELIZABETH HARTMAN!

In the midst of market-prep I snuck away for an exciting event. Elizabeth Hartman from Oh Fransson! was our guest at the SLMQG . There was no way I was going to miss it! And I'm sure glad I didn't. Here's a few of my favorite phone pics fro the evening!

 
Elizabeth is cute and always moving when she talks (like me!) I had a hard time getting a pic without her arms a blurr or her mouth in the middle of a twisted word.

 
I love this pod quilt. Gorgeous color!

 
She brought a couple pillow forms she's made and talked a bit about piecing letters and applique.

 
My favorite. :o)

 
Such a cute pillow! I want!

 
And another close up. I can't resist those "E's" ;o)

 
This quilt is GORGEOUS!

 
and I LOVE the back.

 
Even though this quilt is called Owl Eyes it looks like Sukie is holding her nose to stinky hard boiled eggs. :o)

 
This quilt is anything but stinky. Look at this close up!
My picture is actually of the back. You should see the front. :o) 
 
 
I love these...trees. Mountains? whatever they are they're fun!

 
The back can be a quilt of it's own. LOVE!

 
Check out the woodgrain quilting. Elizabeth does all her own quilting on a domestic machine.

 
LOVE!

 
And the blurry back (sorry!) This quilt is FABULOUS!

 
A few years ago I tried playing around with this idea. I could never come up with a way to execute it. Elizabeth did an AMAZING job with this quilt.

 
Most of the quilts Elizabeth showed are from this book. You can go HERE to order a copy for yourself. I lucked out and WON a copy at our guild meeting. :o)
 
Ok, now I have to get back to work.

5 comments:

Nedra said...

You are so lucky to have Elizabeth Hartman come for a trunk show! Love her style.

Beth said...

Every one of them a beauty. Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne said...

I recognize her style, it matches yours Emily! You seem to bee soul sisters! Beautiful quilts, I guess you got some new inspiration after the evening. Happy sewing!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

I love her style, I'm sure she was super inspiring to listen to! :)

Lynette said...

I *love* this book and can't wait to be able to make something out of it. How fun to see her trunk show!