Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 a year in pictures

In January I debuted my "American Patchwork" quilt. Still an all time favorite of ones I've made.


I also attended Alt. Summit with Christine and Kathy from Michael Miller. It was awesome!


In February I hosted my very first retreat- Cabin Fever. It was fabulous and a good time was had by all.


Sometime during the year I managed to add to my fabric collecting (hoarding?) with a rainbow of fabric goodness.


In April I sewed with Batiks for the first time. I continued with the rainbow theme and designed "Stars" for Michael Miller Fabrics. 


In May I traveled to Oregon for the first time with the Hubs and my parents.


We were in Portland for spring International Quilt Market.


I debuted my fourth fabric collection, Technicolor


My booth won 2nd place for best single booth!


In May I also started my Tula Pink Modern blocks quilt, quilting along the City Sampler sew-along with 


In June I became the mother of a teenager when my oldest turned 13! To celebrate I made an attempt at a Minecraft cake. He loved it. 


In July the Hubs and I celebrated 14 years of marriage. Love that guy!


August brought a fun trip to California to visit my family. 


We took a boat tour around the bay and under the Golden Gate bridge. 


And visited Discovery Kingdom for some roller coasters. 


We squeezed in a camping trip right before school started and had a great time in spite of having car troubles. 

We did some fishing and marshmallow roasting at Gates Lake.


In September the kids went back to school. 
(I accidentally saved the pic with his eyes closed. Oh well)


These two were stylin' on the first day back.




In October I traveled to Houston for fall International Quilt Market and showed off a couple quilts I'd made for Michael Miller Fabrics.




When I returned we celebrated Halloween


And to wrap up the year I was asked to be part of Aurifil's 2014 Design Team! 

It's been a fabulous year. I can't wait to see what 2014 brings!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 
and
HAPPY SEWING!


1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Please do another retreat! It was so much fun:-) and I love your USA quilt, it's so clever! You had a wonderful year for sure!